Lucile Packard Children's Hospital has partnered with Versant, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the nursing profession, to develop the region's first new graduate RN residency program. This unique 16-week program is different from the traditional new graduate program because it provides a comprehensive evidenced-based transition to prepare new graduate nurses for the highly complex and fast-paced acute care environment of a pediatric hospital. New graduates will also benefit from:
- A supportive network of senior nurses, mentors and debriefers to augment your education through professional, clinical experience expertise
- One-on-one guided clinical experience with a preceptor
- On-site classes and skills lab education
- An easy-to-use web portal and supportive self-care/debriefing groups
- You must be a graduate from a BSN or Master's-level practice program, accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), from 12/1/12 through 6/30/13.
- Applicants must have no paid RN work experience prior to 09/16/13.
- You must have a current California RN license required by 8/1/13.
- BLS-Health Care Provider (HCP), PALS and/or NRP level certification based on practice area issued by American Heart Association required by the Program start date of 9/16/13.
- Graduates from online nursing programs are not accepted.
- Two (2) School of Nursing Clinical Faculty reference letters on school letterhead.
- Most recent unofficial transcripts.
- Willingness to commit to the 16 week Residency Program without interruption (personal obligation, school, or time off).
Visit the RN Residency Program webpage for a full description of the program.
Versant New Graduate RN Residency Program
May 22, 2013 5:00 p.m. thru June 5, 2013 5:00 p.m.
Program start date of September 16, 2013